Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Goodbye to the Season

Wrapping up our Christmas Season


For several years now we have ended our Christmas Season going to the festival of lights. Ferry ride, going to our favorite restaurants, bundling up, hot chocolate, smores,  and beautiful lights just to name a few things we look forward to each year. 
My angels, you have asked me what my favorite holiday is and I love every holiday but my most favorite is Valentine's Day! How can that beat Christmas? My answer to that is simple, I think of Christmas as a season! Not just a one day holiday to celebrate. We start the day after Thanksgiving and our season goes into January. We consider our Christmas Season over once we celebrate with the Festival of Lights! 

Daddy and his girls walking on the Sea Wall headed to Bubba Gumps

Lex and Ella Jo

My sweet girls had so much fun on the ice sled! Ella and Lex, y'all both immediately wanted in on the fun. Addi Grace, you were a little hesitant on the ice sled. You waited until you saw how much fun your sisters were having and then decided you could handle that! I'm glad you did my angel...each one of you had a blast!


BEAUTIFUL LIGHTS


Mommy doesn't know what's better? The way smores taste? Or the way they smell?
It sure is fun making them though....


One of the best parts of the cold is snuggling together. Holding those cold little fingers, trying to warm them, is one of mommy's favorite parts! 



Once again we had so much fun at the Festival of Lights! Sweet Russell family memories that I will lock up tightly in my heart. I have to admit though that when we walk out of the festival and into the parking lot my heart gets a little heavy. I know that we will go home, pack away all our Christmas decorations, and wait till next year. Although I can't wait for every Christmas season it seems it's coming faster and faster every year. I do wish that would slow down a little. Saying goodbye to the festival of lights and Christmas...Looking forward for what's to come~











No comments: