Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ten Years of Answered Prayers

Happy Tenth Anniversary

A few years ago my daddy told me that he used to pray for my husband when I was little. He prayed that he would be a loving, caring, and christian man. He also prayed that he would love and take good care of his grand babies. On August 4, 2001 God answered my daddy's prayers.
I worked for a dentist years ago and one of my co-workers was Roman's mom! Roman would come in the office and make the whole office smell good with his cologne! He is so shy and would only say hi a few times! One day my hot water heater wasn't working correctly so Roman came by to fix it for me and we started talking about plans for the weekend. I asked him if he liked football?? (wow! only if I knew then what I know now...yes, he loves anything that keeps a score!!) I asked if he would like to go watch my brother play high school football on Friday night? (Yes, I asked him out on a "date" first!) His answer was..."Well...why don't we get dinner first??") It was an awesome night. Dinner at Cody's restaurant and then football! We then stopped at another restaurant on the way home to see some of his friends and I never wanted the night to end! 3 months later we were engaged!!! Crazy! Girls....I'm being honest on our blog but don't ever pull this one..OK? We were engaged for a year and started planning our wedding of our dreams. Well...I planned and he just said..."OK...sounds pretty...." 
The magical day was Saturday August 4th! The wedding and reception was held at the Brown Center and it was just beautiful!! It gives me butterflies every time we pass the place or when we get the opportunity to go in! We left the reception in our limo and flew to Cancun the next day for a week of paradise!!
Ten years later God continues to answer our prayers! Beautiful girls, health, and love!
Roman is still the love of my life! I look at him in person or pictures and remind myself how awesome he is!
Of course nothing is perfect and nothing could ever be perfect except our Savior. Marriage is such an awesome gift our God has given us! Our companion in life and best friend! Thank you for being the man who you are and thank you daddy for praying all those years ago for this man that is my husband!
Roman, I couldn't have ever imagined a better companion to share my life with and raise our girls with! As every year passes we live more and more memories to cherish and I am holding on to everyone of them!
I loved you so much 10 years ago and I love you more now and will always love you~

No comments: