Thursday, July 21, 2011

Youth on a Mission


My beautiful Alexa, your mom & dad are so proud of you! This was your second time to go with the youth to Veritable Camp. This year they decided to combine a mission trip with camp. I just knew you would be so excited to have this experience with your friends. Veritable was in Waterflow, New Mexico and you were doing missions with the Navajo Indians. We met at the church at 7:00am and after loading everything on the bus the youth, chaperone's, parents, and the bus driver gathered around to pray for your trip. We prayed that our God would watch over y'all on your way there and that He would guide ya'll while sharing your faith to the ones that may not know Him! Your mom drove to the front of the church to wait for the bus to pull out and while I waited I said a prayer for my sweet daughter and her friends that he would watch over ya'll and give you the courage to step out of your comfort zone when needed. When I saw your bus leave the church I think I would have jumped out of my car and into the bus to be with you if I could have! The second you left I was so lonely for you! I couldn't wait for you to get back so you could share all the sweet stories about your trip and how awesome it was to share God's Good News!



You left Saturday at 7:00am and stayed in a host home in Abernathy, Tx. You arrived in Waterflow late Sunday night! You called me that Sunday morning to let me know how awesome your host home was! They had coffee and muffins for you with a cappuccino machine!


This was your mission building. This is where the Navajo children lived. You stayed in the dorm rooms to the right of the brick building. Under the brick building is where the "purple room" was. You explained to me this is where ya'll had worship every night.



Girls Dorm


You have spoken about several children but I think two of them captured your heart and I'm so glad you got pictures of them!! The little boy ya'll nicknamed Mowgli but his name was Brayden and the little girl was Emmy! I think this was so amazing sense your cousins names are Brayden and baby Emmy who will be born in September!



Lex & Brayden


Lex & Emmy

During your time in Waterflow ya'll painted 3 churches and cleaned out a christian TV station. When you got home you showed me your leg and explained that you got a small scratch from falling off a ladder...I'm so sorry Lex, but, you got that from your momma!! Even though ya'll stayed very busy with helping everyone there ya'll did make time to do a little shopping and sight seeing! Your sisters love their bracelets, Dad loves his plaque from the four corners and your momma loves her Navajo earrings! Thank you my baby for thinking of all of us!





One of the things that you talk about most is the night that ya'll had worship in the park. The amazing music and sharing! Thank you my sweet baby for the phone call I received at midnight that special night! I will skip that conversation in our blog and keep those precious words that we shared in my heart forever!!


Another thing you speak of is your trip to the four corners. You were so excited to tell me that you stood in New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah at the same time! How awesome is that?? I hope one day we can all go there and stand in the spot that you were telling me about!




I'm so thankful for our awesome church that is filled with such wonderful people and blessed with such an awesome youth! You absolutely love your youth pastor Michael and his wife Natalie! We are so blessed as parents to have such a strong youth pastor guiding our precious daughter in her spiritual walk with her Savior! Thank you so much Michael and Natalie for everything you do and all the beautiful marks you have laid on our daughter's heart! It's a big deal to lead teenagers especially with the world right now and I think you both are a complete blessing from God!



Alexa & her youth pastor Michael



Lex your momma can't express just how proud of you I am! Every year I see you grow closer to your Savior and walking down the path he laid for you! I hope you look at these beautiful pictures you took and reflect on all the memories it gave you! Please know my baby that you don't have to be at camp, on a mission trip, or hundreds of miles away from home to share your faith with others~


If God is for us what could stand against




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice!

Jessica said...

:) yay Paula! I'm glad you liked it! She had such an amazing time!! I love watching God work with our youth...and all children!
Thank you!!!