Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Cowgirl Is Born

DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE



Oh Addi Grace, you love every animal your beautiful brown eyes see! The love that you have for horses your mommy can't express from typing words on our blog but I will explain your most precious love the best I can!
You were about 18 months old and saying yeeehaww. Sometimes you would say it and point and other times you would just say yeehaw at random times. Mommy, Daddy, and Lex tried to figure out what you were calling yeehaw! Yes, we do live in Texas but we are never around horses and I can't ever think of a time I had said..."YeeeHaw!" Finally, after a couple of months of saying yeehaw we figured out that you were calling a horse a yeehaw!!! So..Mommy decided to have your second birthday party a yeehaw party! My angel, Addi, before you could say the word horse you were calling  it a yeehaw!
After that we started realizing your absolute love for horses, rodeos, and anything in between! We had to dvr PBR bull riding for you! (We would call you Little Yellow Jacket) At the age of 3 your favorite movie was 8 seconds about Lane Frost! We took you to your first rodeo and when you came home you moved the chairs from the dining room in the living room, grabbed your stick horse and pretended you were running around barrels!! I have to explain that no one in our family lives on a ranch or has any horses at all! You developed your passion and love for these beautiful animals all your own!



Anna gave your mommy a call and said that she was going to a horse show with Moon and wanted you to enter in lead-line and walk only events. We have never done anything like this before but I knew you would be the most excited you had ever been! Anna explained that the horse shows could sometimes get boring but I told her you would be just fine being in that environment around horses!!! Mommy will explain later in this post about your love for Anna and how she came in our lives.
My precious cowgirl, Anna brought you to her trailer to get dressed for your event and when you walked out...I couldn't believe my eyes!! I bent over looking at you trying to catch my breath and my eyes filled with "happy tears"! Oh Addi, I know God was looking down at you with the biggest smile! This was your very first horse show and your beautiful dreams coming true!!




Anna is Mrs. Valerie's (mommy's best friend) mom! She lives about an hour from us but she has 7 horses, 3 dogs, ducks, a rabbit and now a cat! Lets just say that's a piece of Heaven for you! We have been to Anna's several times to ride horses but this summer when Josh and Chloe go to visit you stay with them! You even went to stay for 4 nights and did NOT want to come home!! Anna has opened her sweet heart to you and you have jumped in! Thank goodness Josh & Chloe don't mind sharing Anna with you! You call Anna your Anna! Even though you are such a shy little girl you have grown so very close to Anna and miss her when you are not with her!! One night you even woke mommy up at 2:00 in the morning just to tell me that you miss her!! My sweet Addi, the love you have for your Anna I know she loves you just the same!! Thank you Anna for taking my sweet baby girl and loving her and giving her the most precious memories she will cherish all her life!

* Moon * Anna * Addi *



Addi, you were in two events...lead-line and walk only and on your very first horse show you got second place in both classes!!!! We were so proud of you!!! Anna told mommy that when the judge asked you how old your horse was you told him..."Moon!" which is the name of your horse!! Congratulations my cowgirl!

walk only

lead-line




Now your mommy needs to explain the love you have for Moon!
Yes, you love all horses! Yes, Anna has seven horses but Moon is your very favorite along with everyone else who meets him! When Moon was little he developed an infection in his eye so he lost one of his eyes. I don't know if this could be one of the reasons Moon has captured your heart but he definatly grabbed a hold of it! For Valentines's Day you made a Valentine box and turned a shoe box into a horse! Ofcourse the horse was named Moon and we could only put one eye on the box! You also want your Aunt Madeline to name her baby, that will be born soon, Moon!! Anna washed your hair one time when you were at her house in Moon's shampoo and you said your hair smelled like Moon for months!!

Dear Moon,
There is a beautiful young cowgirl that loves you with every bit of her heart! She talks about you, names her dolls after you, and counts the days before seeing you again!!
I would just like to thank you for being the beautiful horse you are and letting my cowgirl ride you so proudly!
Love,
A cowgirl's mommy


* MOON *






Dreams of little girls sometimes can change. Addi Grace, your mommy believes that the dream of horses is in your precious heart to stay! Mommy really doesn't know much about horses but I have a feeling I will be learning a lot as the years come! This was your first of many horse shows and your mommy couldn't have been more proud of her cowgirl! When you are on a horse anyone that stands in your presence can see the light in your eyes! Your mommy's prayer is that you always reach for your dreams!
Keep dreaming my most beautiful cowgirl~

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Ohhh Jessica! I LOVE it! This post had my crying the entire time. Addi makes such a beautiful cowgirl and I promise my kids don't mind sharing their Anna at all!

Jessica said...

Your so sweet Val!!
I'm glad you enjoyed my post! Thank you for sharing your mom with me and the girls!! You and your mom have been such a blessing in our lives~