Monday, May 16, 2011

CANDY GALORE!


*Mommy's precious Ella Jo's first birthday*









My sweet Ella Jo, your mommy can't believe how time flies past us! It really feels like yesterday I was planning your very first birthday party and now we have had your third! My sweet baby, I hope as you one day read this you will be able to look back at the sweet memories of your 3rd birthday party!
Mommy likes to have a theme party for ya'll every year and I like to do something that you truly love! Ella Jo, you love absolutely everything! Your first birthday party was like your sisters party, of course a Princess Party....what else? Your second party was Dora! It had to be Dora because at that time you just loved watching her! At your Dora party mommy contacted Dora the Explorer and she came to your party even though you stayed on your mommy's hip the whole time!! With this third party mommy had to ask you questions on what you would like and we came up with your candy theme. Anyone who knows you, sweet baby girl, they will know that you love your candy!!! I was so excited to have candy this year because we could make your party so colorful! I wanted it to look like you had walked into a room filled with candy....and it turned out perfect! For months you have been talking about your candy party..."Candy Birthday Party" is what you called it!!! The font on mommy's blog can not pick up the precious sound of your voice saying "Candy Birthday Party! "The week of your actual birthday we started counting down the days!!! The morning of your party mommy met at the church with two of her closest friends to decorate and we had so much fun preparing all the color and candy for our sweet Ella Jo!!! Aunt Madeline and Mrs. Valerie (Mallery your sister calls her) met at our house the day before to help mommy prepare for the day of your party!!!
At your party, 'candy princess', you would greet your friends as they would walk in and take such sweet pictures for mommy until......MawMaw Russell walked in with your princess bike (with a seat on the back for your babies!) Wow...had I known that all you would do from that point on was ride your bike around the room we would have waited!!! You stopped riding twice. Once was to put candy in a bowl for your daddy to make your candy necklace, and twice was when you pulled your bike up beside the cake table to eat a few bites and then take off again! You did stop to open your presents and thanked everyone after opening each present. When we sang happy birthday to you, your mommy couldn't help but think of how this was the third time we have sang this song to our precious angel! I look forward to singing this song to you for many years to come! You were the sweetest hostess to your friends and family. Everyone was just about gone and you rode your bike up to me, stopped, and said...."This was WONDERFUL!!" Your mommy's heart fell to the floor and when I picked it up I gave you a sweet kiss on your cheek and said..."I think so too my baby!!!" I'm so thankful of your appreciation for your party at the age of 3 and I'm so glad you had such a "wonderful" time!! Mommy thanks all of her "Life Savers" I called them at your party! I couldn't have done it without them!!! I know you will tell mommy your version of stories from your sweet party for weeks to come! Thank you my Princess of Candy in the land of Orange for such a "wonderful" day~




Mommy made sucker  centerpieces for the tables




*Your Candy Bar*

*Candy Necklaces*































Ella & Chloe partners in crime!







                                        

~Mommy's "Life Savers" that I love so very much~
Mrs. Sarah & Mrs. Valerie



Your candy party was so much fun and mommy can't wait to see what you bring to us now that you are "3"!
~We love you my precious Princess of Candy~

2 comments:

Valerie said...

You did such an amazing job with Ella's party, Jess! We had a wonderful time and it was so obvious that Ella was in heaven. I'm so glad our girls have gotten to be BFFs over the last year!

Jessica said...

Thank you vally!!
It really was awesome! I'm glad our girls have too, even if they surprise us sometimes...haha
I'm also thankful for my friendship with you! I'm so blessed that God has crossed our paths when He did! I love you~