Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Honey Bear Sr. Banquet



My Beautiful Honey Bear! It seems just like yesterday we were going to the Brown Center to honor the Seniors for 2009. You were in 8th grade, just made drill team for your Freshman year in high school, and so excited about what was ahead! As I was sitting there with you our first year watching the Seniors, it felt like it would be a lifetime before we would be honoring you! Next year will be your Junior year and I can NOT believe how fast the time has gone.
It is so sweet of the Honey Bears to honor the Seniors every year! The event was held at the Brown Center and decorated so beautiful in a tropical theme! We started off the evening eating dinner together and then had the Senior wills to their fellow Honey Bears they will be leaving behind. Then we had the parent letters to their Seniors. As everyone was listening to each parent read the letter they wrote to their daughter I don't think there was a dry eye in the room...I know your mom had plenty of tears falling! The booster club had so many door prizes to give and awards to hand out. My sweet Lex, you got Most Tardy...an award that you say you deserved but never really tardy just hanging out in your director's office!!!!??? Followed by that award you received Teacher's Pet! Once you received that award that makes your excuse for most tardy believable....The evening was concluded by a slide show of sweet memories from the year! As I watched the slide show with you we laughed and cried and I couldn't help but think how precious this entire journey is! You are having the time of your life with friends doing exactly what you love! Momma is going to hang on to you as tight as I can these next 2 years!! I know that if I blink it will be too late.
Thank you my beautiful Honey Bear for all the precious memories and thank you my first baby girl for being my precious daughter!!! I love you more than words can say........



Kristen, Emily, Lex, and Ashley


The Fabulous duo
Kristen & Lex



Lex with her door prize and souvenir towel


Kaitlyn and Lex
You have been friends sense you were 5!




Beautiful Honey Bears with their Seniors
Good Luck Seniors 2011



No comments: