Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting Ready For Santa


What better way to prepare for St. Nick than baking him some sugar cookies? Now that y'all are older I thought we could cut out sugar cookies and decorate them and yes, mommy was right...again! It was so much fun! Dee Dee came over to our new house to join in on the cookie baking fun! Both of you loved rolling out the cookie dough and cutting out gingerbread men, stars, snow flakes, and Santa hats!
Alexa Rae watched some of the fun but then shortly left for a Christmas break date with a friend. After we carefully cut the cookies and baked them we had to patiently let them cool. Mommy then got the table ready for the decorating fun! This was the first year that we did this and I think we will now make this a tradition. We had the yummy cookies ready just in time for daddy to taste test right when he got home from work!




My sweet Ella Jo, mommy has a story I wanted to put on our blog so I would never forget the most precious request you had this Christmas. Thank you my brown eyed baby girl for making our lives shine!
One of the first things daddy brought to our new house was our Christmas tree especially since we moved the day after Thanksgiving. Yes, the tree did go about a week with just lights and not one decoration. Once mommy got everything moved in our house it was time to turn it into Christmas! So, I drug out all the decorations we had just moved. We started early in the day so we could surprise daddy when he came home from work. Mommy turned the Christmas music on and we all got busy! Well, the tree was complete...so I thought...until you said.."Mommy, where's the star?" (The letters on my blog can't express how cute you sounded with the sweet way you say your R's" I replied..."Ella..I don't have a star." "Mommy has pretty poinsettias I put at the top!" That didn't make you happy....you still wanted a star! A few weeks later we went to the store to buy wrapping paper for you and your sisters book exchanges at school and you yelled out with such excitement..."Look!! A star for the top of our tree!!" So, the sweet mommy I am, I couldn't resist, and I let you pick out the star you wanted for our tree. Now, my baby girl, it's perfect and complete! I love every way my girls add their own touch to our home, traditions, and most of all...our Christmas tree! Here is our beautiful star that proudly stands on top of our tree!



One more thing I have to add before I close on us getting ready for Santa this year is the newest addition to our family! Her name is ......Sparkle!
Mommy found out from the North Pole that they were sending an elf to watch over our girls this Christmas to make sure they were being nice and not naughty. She would fly back to the North Pole while we all sleep and report to Santa how y'all did that day! One important thing though...you could not touch her or she would lose her magic! When I told y'all that we were being sent an elf and we can name her, Addi Grace, you immediately yelled out Sparkle!! What better name could our elf have? We all agreed that was her name and when we walked into our new home with our very first load to move she was waiting for us on our mantle. Mommy was too busy that day, and I didn't know she would be there so soon, so I didn't have my camera.  I did take a picture of her all tangled up in ribbons that she must have found.



I had no idea the impact Sparkle would have on all of us! We have all fallen in love with her. I explained that on Christmas Eve when Santa came that Sparkle will fly back to the North Pole with him till next year but she will still keep her eye on us at times!
One evening Addi moved the candy cane on our count down to Christmas and noticed that it was only a few days away! After the excitement we sat down at the table to eat dinner. In the middle of eating Addi started crying...not just crying...sobbing. She got up and hung her head in my lap and whispered ...."I don't want Sparkle to leave on Christmas Eve...."
Oh Addi Grace, out of all of us, I knew you would become most attached to her! Your heart is filled with such love and you care so deeply for those who are in your heart! My baby, Sparkle loves you too and I know she will miss you! Mommy has said before how I love every holiday but I get so sad when Christmas is all over! All of my girls make it so much fun and make our Christmas so special. I think that there is a little "Sparkle" of Christmas in all of your eyes through out the whole year~





No comments: