Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


We kicked off all the Christmas fun with Ella Jo's most precious Christmas program at her day school. Ella, your mommy knew you would not be shy one bit for your program and I was right! Daddy dropped you off at your class while mommy and your sisters waited at our seats and when you walked in with your class you were walking with Henry Welch holding his sweet hand! Once you saw mommy and daddy in the crowd you gave us a beautiful smile and waved. Once the program started you sang your sweet songs and did all the hand motions! Of course we were all so proud of our Ella! We ended that fun night having dinner with the Welch family!! What fun memories we will all have as our angels grow up together and we share all the stories and giggles!! Thank you my sweet Ella, for singing with your innocent little voice praising baby Jesus!



Ella Jo & Mrs. Owen

Alexa Rae, when you were a little girl we would go to the Christmas parade every year and you would see the Honey Bears wearing their Christmas uniforms and every year you would get excited and couldn't wait to wear it one day....well, my beautiful Lex, that time has come! Wow! That time came a whole lot faster than your mom thought it would too! How beautiful you are! As I'm typing on our blog I reflect back when you were just 5 years old watching them dance at the parade and I would have never imagined how beautiful you would become! Yes, you are now 16, but you are still every bit my little girl...and always will be my beautiful Honey Bear! You make us so proud dancing your heart out! Thank you for being my little girl!



Mommy loves any kind of party but especially Christmas parties! When your sister, Lex, was younger she was our only little girl so mommy only had her party to plan for and attend. Now, I'm hopping all around! I was able to drop Ella off at school after the other girls while my breakfast casserole was in the oven for Addi's party! While mommy went to Addi's party to get everything ready for all the fun, Ella watched The Polar Express at her school. Then, Mommy and Addi were able to make Ella's party and wasn't even late! While all my little girls were eating sweets and exchanging books, my teenager was having exams at her school! Wow, that's what happens when you get to be a big girl....



Addi Grace, you sang the most precious songs at your party!
Rudolph the red nose reindeer was your favorite!

Mrs. Holland read a story about Christmas and every time you heard Santa you had to rotate books and at the end of the story you were able to open your book! You were very excited about getting a Christmas Care Bear book!!



This year for both of your classes you both helped mommy make magic reindeer food for all of your friends to sprinkle for the reindeer on Christmas Eve! It was so much fun and I hope all of your friends enjoyed it!
I just love all the sweet hand made decorations Mrs. Holland had everyone make! I was greeted in the hall as I was walking to your room with precious colored decorations and then as I'm looking around the room I couldn't help but let the tears fall! Addi, this is your first Christmas party at school and your mommy prays that in 30 years when I pull out all these cherished decorations to display in our home, I will remember the way I felt on this day!! I tried to help Mrs. Holland with anything she needed but also soak all these precious moments in! I know that mommy's memories of all your fun activities will fade but I hope to look back at these pictures and remember how  moments like this would fill my heart!




Ella Jo, you were so proud to have your big sister at your party! When we walked in your sweet little face just lit up! You wore pajamas to school this day for your Polar Express party! What fun you had!! All the snacks, treats, and Mrs. Owen loved her Christmas present from Ella Jo!!


Ella, you were so excited to get the book that Henry brought!
Max & Ruby Christmas

More precious hand made Christmas decorations filled Mrs. Owen's room! Mommy couldn't wait to go home to add all the decorations to our Christmas filled new home!


Oh girls, I don't know if it's our new house, new chapters being turned, or that y'all are understanding a little more about this magical holiday but the magic of Christmas has consumed my heart more than ever this year!
My beautiful three girls that God has given me is what makes this time of year so unforgettable! In every light our Christmas tree twinkles and every Christmas carol you sing I see your beautiful brown eyes and it just makes your Mommy's heart grow and grow! I'm filled with such warmth and love! This truly is the best time of year~

No comments: